What we have noticed.
- Underserved markets. As we enter the later stages of the smartphone s-curve & await the acceleration of new s-curves, the biggest opportunity for value creation is around building tech-enabled solutions for historically underserved customers.
- Community building. It is increasingly easy to build software. Now, the real value is in finding customers, retaining customers and building the data layer to understand customer behaviors.
- Novel distribution channels. Traditional paths to user growth (i.e. scaling via spend on social media channels) are getting harder. The law of diminishing returns & an emerging user distrust of big tech will require companies to build a more creative growth toolkit.
- Trusted brands. The convergence of digital and analog growth strategies will blur what it means to be a “digital-first” brand. The transition towards bimodal thinking will create a new class of trusted brands.
- The growth mindset. Hiring talent to build an effective + efficient growth engine is increasingly difficult due to high recruitment competition & relatively low volume of quality growth operators.
There's no authoritative playbook to digital-first growth. Through our own experiences running growth teams, studying growth strategies and analyzing the shifting landscape, we help fast-growing companies systematize and realize their goals.
Introducing the Growth Pyramid.
The growth pyramid is a framework for assessment and prioritization of growth opportunities. This framework serves as the foundation for an effective + efficient growth engine.
We look holistically at the 4 key levers to growing your business through the output of LTV, CPA & user experience: retention, virality, onboarding & user acquisition. We analyze how these levers work in unison, highlighting the biggest areas of opportunity in priority order.